Tips to succeed in eHarmony
- Write more than a single sentence, but less than a paragraph – People want to read something about you, but they don’t want to read a book.
- SMILING photos, of YOU, without sunglasses – People want to see photos of you, not of you with four friends, trying to figure out which one you are in the group. And, people don’t want to see you hiding behind sunglasses.
- Send winks to people that you’re even mildly interested in – Winks/waves shows that you’re active and looking for someone to get to know. If they respond with a wink, or write back, go from there and see if there’s a spark. If not, no worries, it’s just an intro. If there is a spark…
- If someone does send a message or wink to you, RESPOND – even if you just say “Thanks for the wink. Good luck in your search.” People want to know that they aren’t wasting their time, just like you don’t want to have your time wasted.
- Don’t be cheap – if you’re serious about finding someone to meet for coffee / a date / an event, join the site. People who write “I’m not upgrading” or “Find me online because I’m not paying for this service” is like screaming “I’M NOT SERIOUS ABOUT DATING!”, or “I’M JUST LOOKING FOR A HOOKUP!”, or “I’M NOT WILLING TO SPEND $12, SO I PROBABLY WON’T SPEND MUCH MONEY ON A NICE DATE!”
What is eHarmony?
eHarmony is a dating site in USA that aims to help its users find the best, serious match for them. Using compatibility matching system, the dating site can narrow down each person’s match to a fewer list of possible matches.
The site aims to find love and long-lasting relationships for its members worldwide. Since 2000, eHarmony has been providing matching services that create meaningful connections all over the world.
The site was founded by Dr Neil Clark Warren, a clinical psychologist dedicated to helping people find better ways to find love. Now, reports say that the site creates around 15 million matches a day, and more than 600,000 couples got married because of it.
It claims to be committed to understanding what makes long-term relationships successful. Through scientific research, the site says it continues to provide relevant and updated matching models for its users.Review your matches for free!
Does eHarmony really works?
eHarmony may have a good reputation on the surface, but we took the liberty of checking whether it is a dating site worthy of your time. Will you really find the love of your life in this site? Can it truly give you what your heart desires? Read on to find out more about our experience at eHarmony.
You will find a diverse set of matches and members every day in eHarmony. Since it is a pioneer matchmaking site, it has a large membership pool that already reached around 66 million members in over 200 countries worldwide.
The site’s population is almost equally divided between men and female users, the male percentage is only 6% higher than that of women. When it comes to gender distribution, the majority of the members are those who are 25-34 years old. Its members are quite active and are determined to find a match that they would want to spend their lives with.
If you are looking for a serious relationship, then this site is probably worth a try. Most of its members are in the age of settling down and building a family. Hence, they are probably looking to find the “right one” already.
The site has a meticulous way of building your profile that it needs some thinking and time consumption. If you are just into small chats and casual encounters, you wouldn’t go this far just to have an account set up and would rather look for a different site. But for those whose intentions are to find a lifelong match, you are in a good place.
eHarmony is one of those matchmaking sites that needs a premium upgrade so you can use it efficiently. People who stay on this site have most likely upgraded their account. This can be pretty costly so, there is a huge possibility that you’ll match with someone who is already stable.
How to Use eHarmony?
The registration process in eHarmony takes a lot longer compared to other dating sites. The site makes sure to gather all the important information from their users before allowing them to browse and look for matches.
On the site’s registration page, you will be given two sign up options. You can either choose to register via an email address or connect your Facebook account to the site. Either way, you will still be required to answer the questionnaires and personality tests that the site has prepared for every newcomer.
Personality tests consist of items that help the site gage each member’s personality. They usually have situational questions in the form of “what would you do if…?”
Compatibility quizzes are questions that lean more on how you would like your match to be. Aside from that, you get to indicate specific attributes of the matches you want. You can specify the height, body type, nationality, and other quantifiable characteristics of your future match in your match preference.
The process will take more than 10 minutes to complete. After that, you may choose to upload your profile photo.
he contacting features on eHarmony are quite limited but this doesn’t keep it from making lasting connections. The method of communication on eHarmony is only through sending messages, which may only be used by premium members.
If you are a free user, you can still use the messaging feature but only to send your five favorite site-generated questions, and your match can opt to answer them or not. Standard members cannot send personal messages and reply to any message they receive; they can only send winks and add people to their favorites list.
In eHarmony, you won’t be able to see all the users who are online and currently active. Members will only be able to see the list of the site’s proposed match. If you don’t find someone good enough, you have to wait for your updated match results every day to find someone new. But, if you upgrade to premium, you get a chance to meet people outside your compatibility area.
The site offers a basic search filter that allows you to narrow down your match list based on age. You can also search for matches based on city or location.
Remember, as an eHarmony Affiliate, I earn when you book through this link.